Foods To Gain Weight

How to improve my body weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old. My weight has been ranging between 54 kg and 55 kg for the last four years. My height is 5'8". I am taking good food, but have lean body. What I should do? Please help me to improve my body weight. I started doing masturbation by the age of 13. I used to ejaculate for at...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you might be having some hormonal issue, which is the reason for your lean muscular body. So, we need to check the hormonal imbalance you are having now. For that I recommend the following tests. FBS (fasting blood sugar). PPBS (postprandial blood sugar). TS...  Read Full »

Can I use mass gainers to increase weight?

Query: Hello sir i m 22 but my weight is just 50 and my height is 5'6 its not matter of cosukt but mah body weight is matter of cunslt plz advide any mass gainer plz..My body growth is not helping me my bones are so thin that i cant show any one plz send me how to grow them plz. Sir any tablet any thing......  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Dear, I understand your problem and your worries attached to it. Body habitus, which is the way a person's build looks irrespective of the amount or type of intake he has, depends largely on the metabolic rate of the person and the activity level of the person, though the quality of balanced food ...  Read Full »

How to help my 2-year-old kid with low appetite?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 years old son is only 11.4 kg. He has a low appetite when it comes to eating solid food, he drinks 6oz of milk every morning, after lunch, and before going to bed, he is taking vitamin C and Cherifer Immunomax daily. I often forgot to let him drink his multivitamin Nutri 10 p...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that the weight of the child mentioned is in acceptable limits. Do not unnecessarily give so many things. As per your description, it seems that the child is consuming more of milk mainly and also these multivitamins. Both of them lead to constipation an...  Read Full »

How to gain weight healthily?

Query: Hello, I am writing an enquiry regarding my weight. I am a 18year old female and I weigh 42.8kg and my height is 158-160cm. I have been this weight since I was around 13 years old, my weight has always been around 40kg I was wondering how I could gain weight in a healthy manner. The main reason why...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello and welcome to icliniq. It is clear you're quite underweight but the good news is that it's the right time now to start working on it for your age. This can be helped by eating more fatty foods than you usually eat such as potatoes and rice which have vegetable starch that goes undigested. You...  Read Full »

Please suggest to gain weight as I weighs only about 36 kg for 23 years of age.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. My height is 165 cm and weighs about 36 kg. I am weak and my body is very slim and thin. Please help me to gain weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Theresa M. Gregory

Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be a good idea to have a complete physical checkup with your family doctor to determine if there are any medical reasons for your slight build and to make sure there are not unknown causes. If you feel that you are weak and want to gain weight and build mus...  Read Full »

Is fenugreek good for a thyroid patient?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

Can incorrect mixing of Formula with room temperature water cause a problem in weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is going to be 6 months next week and weighs about 6.54 Kg, birth weight was 3.03 Kg. Is weight fine? I am giving him Formula with room temperature unboiled water. Is that a problem? Can incorrect mixing of powder with room temperature water a problem for weight gain? He did no...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight for age is fine. Please use filtered and clean boiled water to avoid infections. Incorrect mixing will lead to improper concentration of the product and may cause either indigestion or reduced nutritional content of the Formula. Hence, always mix in concentrat...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent masturbation does not have much effect on your health. You can maintain a strict exercise regimen along with the proper diet you are having. Start muscle strengthening exercises such as wall press, pushups, abs strengthening, etc. Drink milk every day with two...  Read Full »

What are the ways of increasing weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been really thin since my childhood. Though somewhere it is genetic now I do not feel comfortable. I am not able to gain weight no matter what I eat. My pelvic bones have started to show slightly. My weight is just 41 at 17. I have tried eating different foods but no posit...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Calorie dense food should be incorporated in your diet like dried fruits, potato, sweets, nuts, jam, jelly, banana or mango shake, porridge, badam kheer, etc. 2. Leafy vegetables should be restricted in your diet as they reduce appetite. 3. You should take three...  Read Full »

Please suggest some steps to increase my weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. I want to gain weight. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Zade

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take four to five soaked almonds daily in the early morning and take a banana shake in the midmorning. Try to include a whole milk curd in your lunch. Do regular exercise to build your muscle.  Read Full »