Foods To Gain Weight

Please suggest to gain weight as I weighs only about 36 kg for 23 years of age.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. My height is 165 cm and weighs about 36 kg. I am weak and my body is very slim and thin. Please help me to gain weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Theresa M. Gregory

Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be a good idea to have a complete physical checkup with your family doctor to determine if there are any medical reasons for your slight build and to make sure there are not unknown causes. If you feel that you are weak and want to gain weight and build mus...  Read Full »

Is fenugreek good for a thyroid patient?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

Can incorrect mixing of Formula with room temperature water cause a problem in weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is going to be 6 months next week and weighs about 6.54 Kg, birth weight was 3.03 Kg. Is weight fine? I am giving him Formula with room temperature unboiled water. Is that a problem? Can incorrect mixing of powder with room temperature water a problem for weight gain? He did no...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight for age is fine. Please use filtered and clean boiled water to avoid infections. Incorrect mixing will lead to improper concentration of the product and may cause either indigestion or reduced nutritional content of the Formula. Hence, always mix in concentrat...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent masturbation does not have much effect on your health. You can maintain a strict exercise regimen along with the proper diet you are having. Start muscle strengthening exercises such as wall press, pushups, abs strengthening, etc. Drink milk every day with two...  Read Full »

What are the ways of increasing weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been really thin since my childhood. Though somewhere it is genetic now I do not feel comfortable. I am not able to gain weight no matter what I eat. My pelvic bones have started to show slightly. My weight is just 41 at 17. I have tried eating different foods but no posit...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Calorie dense food should be incorporated in your diet like dried fruits, potato, sweets, nuts, jam, jelly, banana or mango shake, porridge, badam kheer, etc. 2. Leafy vegetables should be restricted in your diet as they reduce appetite. 3. You should take three...  Read Full »

Please suggest some steps to increase my weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. I want to gain weight. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Zade

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take four to five soaked almonds daily in the early morning and take a banana shake in the midmorning. Try to include a whole milk curd in your lunch. Do regular exercise to build your muscle.  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full »

How to improve my weight?

Query: Hi doctor,My problem is that I am losing my weight when I physically intimate with my boyfriend. Also, I got miscarriage once. My height is 5'2" and my weight is 45 kg. For the last three months, I had weight gain capsules. When I stop that medicine, I do not feel hungey. Currently, I am not on any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports appear to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Losing weight does not have anything to do with sex, although sex is considered to be a good exercise. There are a few things you can do to increase your weight. Take six meals a day. Three...  Read Full »

I have been the same weight for years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female and my height is 5 feet and 6 inches. My weight is 47 kg, which is very low compared to the girls of my age. I have been the same weight for the last two to three years and my weight does not seem to increase. Also, I do not get hungry. Please help me in this.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Firstly, get yourself investigated thoroughly to rule out any medical or surgical conditions. Get a complete hemogram, blood sugar, and thyroid function tests done.I assume you are a healthy adult. So, I suggest you take a diet rich in carbohydrates to gain weight. Tak...  Read Full »

How can weight be increased in a 23-year-old male?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old male and I am a student. My height is 166 cm and weight 49 kg. Over the past five years, my weight has not increased. I feel very weak and lean. Now, what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take more carbohydrate-rich food to gain weight. You can eat more rice to increase your weight. Some diseases can cause hypermetabolic state like hyperthyroidism. So, get a thyroid status done. Also, anxiety and tension about being fatty sometimes restrain you from t...  Read Full »