Q. Can you give me a custom meal plan for weight gain?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

I am a 23 year old male, slightly underweight for my height. I believe I eat enough to satiate my appetite but, I still do not gain weight. The quality of my food is good too but, I am just worried about the distribution of nutrients, that is if I am taking a balanced diet or not. I am taking anti-hypertensives.

#

• As you are into hypertensive medication, you are bound to face some weight issues.
  • Take four small meals per day.
  • Never starve yourself.
  • Try to include a lot of milk and dairy products in your diet.
  • Breakfast should be heavy with sandwiches or milk and oats or fruits like banana and apple.
  • Have a heavy lunch but, avoid taking too much salt.
  • In the evening, you can take soups or juices.
  • At dinner, include lots of protein-rich foods like cereals and pulses.
  • Have your dinner at least two hours before bedtime.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Can I get a customized diet plan for myself? That is what I am looking for.

#

• According to your age, height, and weight, this would be a suitable diet plan:
  1. For breakfast you can have two slices of bread with half a liter of milk or two slices of bread with 10 g of butter or 30 g of Poha that includes chiwda 5 g, vegetable 20 g, and oil or butter or two boiled eggs with a glass of milk or a glass of fresh fruit juice.
  2. For lunch, you can have one full bowl of rice with a tablespoon of ghee added to it, along with a full bowl of vegetable stir fry that includes drumsticks and potato or rice with 20 g of paneer curry. Also take a salad that includes carrot, tomato, and cucumber. If you are a non-vegetarian, you can have three pieces of fish or half a plate of chicken or half a plate of mutton (bone pieces and breast pieces). 
  3. For the evening snack, have a full bowl of soup preferably tomato or chicken or mixed vegetable, along with three to four almonds and walnuts or two slices of bread with one boiled egg and four to five peanuts.
  4. For dinner have a complete bowl of cereals and pulses (dal) of all variety, along with two to three roti or three to four puri. Have a full glass of warm milk before you go to bed.
  5. Drink at least two to three liters of water per day.
  6. A simple way to put on weight is to add 50 g to what you currently take.
  7. Include good carbohydrates like mango, sweet potato, and salmon fish in your diet.
  8. Avoid fast foods but, you can have fried food that is prepared at home thrice a week.

All the best.

|