I am 25 years old with a weight of 60 kg and 173 cm in height. I need to improve my weight, and I want more muscle mass. Kindly suggest some protein powders and a complete food list to improve my weight.
You may take Nutrigain powder (a nutritional drink), but I would like to suggest a few diet modifications in the first place.
Firstly get yourself investigated to rule out any medical or surgical conditions. So, get a complete hemogram, check your blood sugar levels, take a thyroid function test, etc. Also, I suggest you to take a balanced, nutritional, and healthy diet.
1. Follow a diet rich in carbohydrates to gain weight. It would help if you also remembered to balance the quantity as an excess of anything is wrong. Carbohydrate-rich diet includes potato, sweet potato, rice, palm fruit, egg, whole grains, and apple. It also includes watermelon, citrus fruits, dry fruits, homogenized milk full cream, corn, cakes and cookies, jam, honey, etc.
2. Include a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits, juices, soups, and salads in your diet.
3. Exercise regularly or go for walks. You can also practice yoga as health permits and start gradually.
4. For breakfast, take four boiled or scrambled eggs or omelets. The white part of the egg mainly contains albumin, which is a protein, and the yellow yolk is calorie rich which will help you gain weight. Next, take a glass of milk, a total of at least one liter of whole cream milk, split as per your convenience with two to three scoops of protein powder (if you want to add muscle mass as well).
5. During midday, have a bowl of chicken soup or vegetable soup with a spoonful of cream.
6. For lunch, eat a big bowl of either black gram, green gram, other pulses, cottage cheese, fresh paneer, soybean, fish, chicken, or mutton. Also, include three to four chappatis (which may increase your appetite) made from multi-grain or whole grain flour. Also, take a bowl of curd or a glass of buttermilk.
7. In the evenings, drink a glass of juice and eat snacks made of besan or gram flour which is also rich in protein.
8. Take a bowl of chicken, mutton, or vegetable soup a few minutes before dinner.
9. For dinner, eat more vegetables, as mentioned earlier, and take two to three chapatis made with multi-grain flour and a bowl of curd.
10. You may try different recipes with high protein vegetables like soybeans, pulses, and besan.
11. Take soya milk which will give you extra proteins.
.. immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season.
When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighti... Read full
.. can understand that weight gain can be difficult for some people - but surely it is possible. Your wife needs to add at least 6 to 7 kg weight.
You need to eat the food that you like as this will help you eat more than usual. So, you need to take... Read full
Hello doctor,I walk and jog for 40 minutes, and my pulse crosses 165. My age is 39, and obese. Taking Olmesartan 20 mg for blood pressure and taking Rosuvastatin 5 mg for cholesterol. I read that one should not exercise more than 140 counts keeping i... Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.