Q. I have been skinny all my life. Please give your suggestions.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
I am 22 years old but I have been skinny my all life but now people been saying that I'm too skinny one at alot I am genetic skinny
I want to gain weight
# Hello, welcome to icliniq,

Don't worry and stress upon unnecessary things and spoil your future. Beauty doesn't lie in your physic its more about internal beauty. I can understand your feeling, i know how you feel! but once you age you will feel all these doesn't matter.
Moreover you are apt for your height. Being healthy is utmost important. Since, you are genetically skinny do not expect much. But, you can look more charmer by following these things. Make sure your appetite and digestion is good if not please revert back .

Do full body oil massage with sesame oil before bath.
Include milk and milk products in your diet. Eat sweets during your lunch like kheer, payasam, etc.
Make sure to include 1 tsp of ghee in all your meals.
Eat red rice cooked in milk.
Drink green gram soup and meat broath.
Sleep well in the night and dress accordingly to look plumper.

| 

Kindly advise about the food that can be given to my 6 months old baby.

Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is six months old. We have been only breastfeeding her and giving finger millet as a paste. What more should we give? We are confused and want to stay with natural food as much as possible. Kindly advise about the food that can be given. In the case of rice, should we boil and g...  Read Full »

My son, 1 year and 6 months old, son has beta thalassemia intermedia. Please suggest diet to maintain his health.

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 1 and a half years old. A few months ago we came to know that his Hb is 4.3 and Hb F is 92 percent and that he has beta thalassemia intermedia. He was immediately transfused once. Now he is taking vitamin C, and Hydroxy and Folic acid and his Hb are 10.2. Please suggest some d...  Read Full »

Please suggest to gain weight as I weighs only about 36 kg for 23 years of age.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. My height is 165 cm and weighs about 36 kg. I am weak and my body is very slim and thin. Please help me to gain weight.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Nutritionist Now