Q. Please suggest diet chart or tips to lose weight soon.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Aug 25, 2018

My weight is 81 kg and age is 18. I always try my best to lose weight but I cannot. I joined a gym today and really do not have any knowledge about nutrition. So, it is my request. Please suggest a diet chart or tips on how I can lose weight as soon as possible.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

Without prior knowledge of your dietary patterns, lifestyle, existing health conditions and family history, it is difficult to suggest a diet plan that is perfect for you. I will give you a set of tips. Always keep these in mind and continue your gym routine. You will definitely reap desired benefits.

1. Avoid oily food and any food that contains added sugar. Always read labels of any readymade food before consuming.
  2. Avoid eating processed food and outside food as much as you can. Eat fresh home-cooked meals.
  3. Sleep and wake up at the same time daily. Eat your meals on time. Basically, set up a biological clock for yourself.
  4. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
  5. Instead of three big meals, reduce the size of your main meals and eat healthy snacks in between like raw nuts, sprouts, fruits, etc.
  6. Never start your day with tea or coffee. Eat something healthy within 30 minutes of waking up like soaked nuts and raisins or a fruit.
  7. Finish your last meal two hours before you go to bed.

Follow these general tips. It works for most people wonderfully.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full >>

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, b...  Read Full

Smart Ways to Lose Weight

Article Overview: Following a strict diet and exercise routine can be a difficult task for many. This article will explain how you can smartly lose weight without sacrificing your favorite food or without vigorous exercises. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Fitness Expert

Many people are tired of sacrificing their favorite food and unable to find extra time for a workout. We all know how difficult it is to reduce weight by controlling food habits and exercises. In this article, I will be giving you few tips to lose approximately 2 lbs of weight weekly just by perform...  Read Article

Can losing weight help keep my blood sugar in control?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old and I weigh 100 kg with a height of 168 cm. I am a pre-diabetic. I m taking Metformin these days. If I lose like say 25 kg then can I stop taking medicines and control my blood sugar normally? Can this diabetes be cured?  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Changing your lifestyle by regular exercise like walking at least half an hour every day and weight loss of say 30 Kg can help regulate your blood sugar levels. Also, you should follow a healthy diet by avoiding complex sugar and decrease carbohydrates consumption, ...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now