Foot X-ray

Does my wife need any more surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have doubts on behalf of my wife. Three days back, she met with an accident and got her foot injured. Her heel got severe damage and after diagnosis doctor said the following. Left heel pad avulsion injury, communicated fracture calcaneum left foot and medial malleolus fracture o...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your wife sustained an injury to her left limb with extensive injury of the heel region and around the ankle. I presume an external fixator has been applied along with debridement and suturing the wound. It is an understatement to say that it i...  Read Full »

Please give an opinion on dislocation of phalanx.

Query: Hello doctor, I have fallen on the floor from about 130 cm high and hit my foot, however, one of my toes has swollen and it hurts so much, So I had an x-ray for my feet and the doctor said it was fine, but what I see on the x-ray photo seems to be a dislocation in a phalanx. Is that normal? Can yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the x-ray. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I must agree that the second toe proximal joint does look dislocated. It is, however, difficult to confirm this without having a true AP (anteroposterior) view and true lateral view. Also, ...  Read Full »

My toe is swollen, bruised, and painful. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I fell this morning and I am pretty sure I broke a toe. It is a bit swollen, bruised, and painful. I landed on my knee and top of my foot. My knee is fine but the top of my foot is a little tender. It has a small bruise. My other toes are getting numb. Do I need to see a doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history, as you have stated that you are having pain, swelling and bruising on dorsum (top) of foot region. In that event, I advise you to get: X-ray of affected foot (AP and oblique views) because we have to rule out any bony injury as man...  Read Full »

I tripped while walking and middle toe is bent downward. Kindly give some advise.

Query: Hi doctor,While walking, I missed a step and accidentally bent my middle toe downward. There was a sharp pain for several minutes and subsided after a while. There is no swelling, deformation or bruising. It has been 5 hours now, and I have iced it thrice. I have also taken an anti-inflammatory medi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a sprain of ligaments. A break or fracture is less common from your description. Also, the fracture would have caused severe pain even at rest and not just on using the foot. I think that you can continue using ice, give rest to the foot as much as...  Read Full »

Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. Please review my X-ray.

Query: Hello doctor, Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. It has persisted, but the severity of pain depends on how active I am. Most recently, the pain has become more severe. Please review my X-ray.  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me the full X-ray which you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to see the whole joint, like of talocalcaneal joint.  Read Full »

Does my foot X-ray indicate any broken bones?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an accident while cycling and twisted my foot. The foot is quite swollen. I have attached X-rays. Are any of the bones in my foot broken? What should I do to recover?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How was your day? I have gone through your query and the attached X-rays in detail and understand your concern. There seems to be an incomplete fracture of the midfoot bone which is the main cause of the swelling of the foot. The first thing you should do is get the foo...  Read Full »

Why has my foot injury not healed post accident?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an accident five months ago and had an injury on my left foot. Since then until now, it is not fully healed. Please see the photos of the injury attached and please tell if it is normal or is there something that went wrong.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fact that your injury is over five months old, yet to heal, suggests two possibilities. Either there is a foreign body as a small stone, metal piece and the like, which will p...  Read Full »

I hurt my left ankle after playing a sport and it is not healing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a wound on my left ankle two weeks ago, while playing kabaddi and it is not getting cured. I did the basic first aid but still, there is no improvement. Please give me the reason and suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like you to describe your wound, whether it is an open wound or a closed wound with a swelling and blood clot. Have you gone for an X-Ray or MRI? Did you experience any twisting in your ankle while getting injured? If it is an open wound, you will have to do a ...  Read Full »

I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle after playing a sport. What do I do?

Query: Hi doctor,I think I have a posterior tibial stress fracture. I am a long-distance runner. I play many sports but after playing frisbee, I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle. I was advised by friends and family to take rest and do strength training. I did both but, neither worked. This pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, we need to make the right diagnosis. You need to get a digital X-ray of both your legs to confirm the diagnosis of a stress fracture. If it is a stress fracture, then you need to rest your leg in a cast for six weeks. Secondly, you need to test your vitamin D ...  Read Full »

Please help me with my left foot pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left foot pain, as I fell from my two-wheeler. I consulted a doctor and got an x-ray, and he said it's Achilles tendon rupture and tibialis anterior tendonitis. He gave me tablets for five days. But the pain is still there when I walk.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If I agree with his diagnosis, as I have not seen the x-rays, then I will suggest you try taking the following:Tablet Piroxicam 20 mg, twice daily after food.Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days before food.Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice daily for 30 da...  Read Full »