Q. Small whiteheads on my upper lip and foreskin of the penis. Are they Fordyce spots?

Dr. B T Priya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I have some small whiteheads on my upper lip and on the foreskin of my penis. They are visible only when I pull down the foreskin and they are located only on my foreskin. They do not cause itching. It seems like Fordyce spots. Please suggest.

#

You are right. You have Fordyce spots on the lips. They are the opening of sebaceous glands. It is a benign condition and there is nothing to be worried. Apply a good moisturizer. In the genital area, you have some small white spots. They look like lichen nitidus. This is an asymptomatic condition and nothing to be worried. If you are having it for a long time like the one present on lips, then it is Fordyce spots only. It occurs commonly in lips and genitalia too. Apply moisturizer once. You can use Tacrolimus ointment 0.03%. If possible, you can use OTC (over the counter) mix with moisturizing lotion and apply it to the spots. After the completion of the pandemic, consult your doctor soon.

|