Q. Will Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide help to cure fordyce spots present in penis?

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman
I have what I believe to be forydce spots on my penis. Should I be using Adapalene and benzoyl peroxide down there? Im male in my 30s
# Hello
Please add a close and in focus photos of the affected area to make sure of the diagnosis.

I

#

Hello

Yes, these are quite normal findings, a prominent sebaceous glands that have no hair follicles, in fact nearly all the people have it, i.e there is no need for interference. If you are insisting on treating it, CO2 laser is the best choice. Other options include photodynamic therapy and trichloroacetic acid (TCA)

Will they go away if I just leave them alone? And If so, how long would it take?
# No, they are not going away as I told you they are normal findings, by the way, they only appear when the skin is stretched. You better accept them.
If I decide the CO2 treament. How long is the process? Is it 1 day treatment , 1 week? Also, whats the recovery time? And how long would the TCA acid take for results?
# CO2 laser is one cessation in few minutes followed by a couple of days as a recovery, TCA is the same but its recovery may be as long as one week, if the dermatologist applied some sort of CROSS technique. Another cessation may be needed after 2-3 weeks
Is there a cream I could apply to help them go away?
# Adapalene cream may be helpful but it is very weak
Ok. I'll try it. How long should I apply adapalene for 1month, 2months and how many times daily would you recommend?
And also, another topic. Genital warts is caused by HPV. My question is if the HPV viruse leaves your body can you still have the genital warts?
#

Hello

Adapalene is applied topically once at bedtime for one month, if no improvement occurred, you better try another modality Regarding HPV infections, there are many serotypes (about 100) and there are specific immunity for each type. When immunity is developed against certain type (or types) through vaccination or previous exposure, our body is still susceptible to other HPV serotypes

|