Q. I have small white bumps on the foreskin for the past one week. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

One week ago, I noticed two small white bumps the size of a pinhead appear on my foreskin. I have not been sexually active for more than six months. The spot appeared on the area of my foreskin, where I place my finger during masturbation. Over the past seven days, the size and appearance of these bumps have not changed.

What could be the likely cause of this and what treatment should I take to have these bumps disappear? They are causing me a lot of anxiety. I have never had anything appear on my penis ever before. I will attach photos of the bumps.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

These small bumps are called Fordyce spots are enlarged sebaceous glands that are visible on the surface of your skin. Sebaceous glands help keep your skin moisturized. They are normally covered by skin, but they can appear on your skin in clusters of white spots.

Fordyce spots are harmless. They can appear almost anywhere on your body, including the foreskin of your penis. You are usually born with them, though they may not appear until you go through puberty.

They usually do not require treatment and left as it is. But if you insist on treatment, then laser treatment can be recommended or surgical excision. In my view just leave and do not bother or worry about it.

|