Q. A staple entered my eyes 10 years ago. Will I go permanently blind?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am currently 18 years old. I remember when I was 8 years old, a staple entered my right eye. I think it went under my eyelid and I did not tell my parents about it. I did not feel any irritations or as if something is in my eye. What should I do? Will I go permanently blind? Please help me. I am afraid.

#

• If a foreign body was lodged in your eye, it would definitely have caused an irritation. A staple is quite a big foreign body. In my opinion, it was dislodged then and there.
  • If you are still in doubt, you can go for a CT scan of your orbit (the area around your eye). If there is a staple pin, it will show on it.
  • May I know what is your current visual status?

I advise you not to jump to conclusions and scare yourself. You will be just fine.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|