Q. Can formula milk be associated with weight loss in my baby?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My baby is two months and three weeks old. I have recently put him on formula milk, and he is losing weight. I used Nan Optipro 1. Please help.

#

Suppose the child is losing weight as per the weighing scale. I will suggest you do the following; if the current weight is the same as birth weight or if it is lesser, the child needs to be evaluated physically by a pediatrician for reflux or sepsis or some metabolic issues. If there is some weight gain from birth weight, you can increase the number of feeds and see. You can also change the formula to Similac Advance stage 1 (milk solids with fatty acids, Omega-3, vitamins, minerals, calcium, and vitamin D). However, if there is no weight gain after one week of doing so, please get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician.

|