Fosfomycin

Can taking Levofloxacin for prostatitis cause permanent muscular and CNS effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been complaining of symptoms of prostatitis for seven years with LUTS, fatigue, and pain as the main symptoms. The EPS shows more than 10 WBC per HPF and urine and prostatic cultures are negative. Semen culture was done twice in the last six months with th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from chronic prostatitis. It is very difficult to treat. Ideally, prostatic massage and EPS or semen culture must be done. But, if you have an improvement with Levofloxacin, then you can take it. The side effects are if you take it for a very long d...  Read Full »

My mom is suffering blood in urine. Is it due to UTI or Xarelto?

Query: Hi doctor, This deals with my mother, who has a history of chronic E. coli bladder infections. She has been on preventative antibiotics and topical estrogen. Recently, she was eight months UTI free with being on 2000 mg mannose sugar daily. Her eGFR was 65 around six months ago. I reduced the su...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the history and the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clearly, she is a case of recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). We need to determine the cause of UTI. According to me, it is because of her age her bladder po...  Read Full »