Foul Smelling Stool

Please suggest a medicine to stop getting motion immediately after food.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male. I am going to motion normally about three times a day immediately after having the food. I took Loperamide tablet but, it worked for only one day, and the next day the same problem recur again. Can you please suggest some medications to overcome the problem? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, let me clarify the details. Motion once in three days or thrice daily is normal. So, if you do not have any problems like abdominal pain, loose stool, foul-smelling stool, etc., then no need to worry about this. And bette...  Read Full »

Why do I have sticky stools, low back pain and loss of appetite?

Query: Hello, I am a 20 year old boy having epigastric pain only early in the morning before going to the toilet. I also have a complaint of sticky stools, lower back pain and loss of appetite. What would be the cause for my problems? Is it curable? Is it due to sexually transmitted diseases? Because,unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramya Marattil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before advising any treatment, I would like to know the following: Since how long have you been complaining of these symptoms? Do you have any sort of abdominal pain or urge for defecation soon after the intake of food? Does the stool have any foul smell or contain...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's stool foul smelling?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is five months old. When she passes stool, it is very thin and smelly. She passes stool five to six times a day. This problem has been for two days. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to get answers to the following questions. Does the baby have any other complaints? like fever, vomiting? If no other complaints, then you should not worry. I would suggest continuing breastfeeding. Passing stool five to six times is normal...  Read Full »