Fracture Radius

Please see my attached file and advise whether my fracture healed with proper alignment.

Query: Hello doctor,Please see my attached files and advised me that my radius bone is healing in alignment or not. My fracture is 20 days old, and plaster is opened swelling and pain in these areas. I doubt that my bone is not in alignment.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and the radius is out of alignment. The dorsal angulation appears to be 15 degrees. This is eyeballing, and I may be off by a few degrees, but the position is not acceptable in a young person, again I am assuming that you are less than 40 years of age ...  Read Full »

Do broken bones set themselves as a child grows?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old son has a broken ulna and radius. They are broken in the middle of his arm. The x-ray shows that the broken bones are displaced. The doctor did not perform a reduction and ordered a full arm cast. He stated that the bones will set themselves as my son grows. Is this true...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the x-rays of your child (attachment removed to protect patient identity).To be very honest, I am not happy if this is the position which has been accepted after the cast has been put. It is true that fractures remodel in children very well and that they al...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to be in sling always for an arm fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year old son fell down in play area and got his left arm fractured in the region of ulna and radius. We went to the emergency room immediately and the doctors did alignment and put him on cast and sling. Can you please check the x-ray and confirm the alignment? Since he is 4 years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reduction is not appropriate in this case, bone might join in a 4 year old child but this is certainly taking risk. Child requires removal of cast, reattempt at close reduction, application of slab for one week followed by check x-ray elbow with forearm with wrist-...  Read Full »