Fractured Tooth

What is the treatment given for fractured tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell down and I got knocked in my front right incisor and it does not move back. It is also a permanent tooth. I am taking tablet Vyvanse.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry, we can manage it. First of all, do not touch it or try to push it back into position. Do not bite on that tooth. There is bleeding which is from the gums (as the picture i...  Read Full »

Why did the top part of my tooth chip?

Query: The top part of my tooth just recently chipped off and is now showing the inner part of my tooth, which looks to be a brownish color. I think it might be a cavity and the enamel has eroded away revealing it, but I'm not sure. It doesn't hurt at all, at least not yet.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello ,Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query and the attached image, am very sorry for the inconvenience. As a Specialist am here to help you. Ya , Kindly take the image without using the flash . As I suspect Hypocalcified Enamel layer which is not much clear as the i...  Read Full »

Should a tooth crown be replaced after 9 years?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I had my tooth crowned before nine years. I have no problem with it, but a dentist wants me to get a crown replacement. I do not even feel any discomfort. Is it necessary to replace?  Read Full »

Dr. Neeraj Kumari

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most crowns can last up to 15 years depending on the type of material used for making crown. Sometimes, crown replacement is neccessary when there is excessive wear or fracture in crown or there are complications due to tooth decay. So, if that is the reason why that dent...  Read Full »

What is the reason for sharp pain in the filled tooth on taking cold drinks?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my two back molars on the top left side of my mouth filled about three weeks ago and after a few days, everything was fine. No pain, nothing. But a few days ago, I realized that every time I drink hot, cold, and sometimes even room temperature liquids there is a sharp almost pie...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, get a radiograph done for those two teeth, it will tell the status of your teeth. Sometimes, if the filling is high, you experience pain. The filling might be fractured. The nerve exposure means caries has reached till the pulpal horn. Parts of teeth: Enamel...  Read Full »

What causes black cracks in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth  (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thank God that you met a good endodontist who diagnosed the right problem. Secondly, through all your case history it is evident that you are having a chronic habit of clenching your jaws that is called 'bruxism' in medical terms. What happens in it is, due t...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in the mouth while chewing?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the age of 6 to 18 (current) I have had sharp pains in my mouth whenever I use my chewing teeth. No cavities whatsoever. I do not know what is the problem. And the pain is on and off. What is the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibilities are many: 1. There might be fractured teeth. 2. There might be sinus problems. 3. There might be condylar or TMJ problems. 4. Might this be related to the nerves. I suggest you go to a good oral and maxillofacial surgeon or an endodontist. Different t...  Read Full »

Why is the second premolar paining?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left second premolar. The x-rays do not show anything, and it does not hurt if I tap on it or drink cold water. It seems to hurt near the root of the tooth, but only on one side, that is, the side facing the first molar. When I touch this side, I feel a short, sharp p...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it seems maybe your premolar might have a vertical fracture involving the nerves inside. This might be either due to a large filling, which may have caused more pressure on the remaining tooth structure or even biting on a very hard object or food...  Read Full »

My tooth broke off after root canal treatment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was having food this morning and the front half of the back tooth broke off. But, this tooth is dead because I got a root canal about six years ago. I have no pain or discomfort on the tooth or around the gums but you can see black stuff which I am guessing is the filling they used ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is too minor. You can wait up to one month for the further treatment. In case the sharp edge does hurt, do visit a dentist and get it rounded. It will just take three minutes for that procedure. The treatment you require for this is the placement of a c...  Read Full »

My root canal filling came out. Pease help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done for a tooth, a couple of months ago. My crown came out 8 days back. I did not go back to the dentist, but now a screw came out my tooth. What does this mean? When should I visit a dentist?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to explain the treatment that has been done to your tooth according to the details provided by you: Your tooth has been root canal treated. Root canal treatment is mostly done to a tooth when the decay has reached the innermost layer of the toot...  Read Full »

I have very sore swollen area behind the upper last tooth. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have very sore area behind the last tooth on my upper right side of my mouth. It hurts terribly to chew and swallow because of the location of the soreness. I am 52 years old and never really had problems with my teeth. Also, the area does not look red or has any open sores, just sw...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities about this soreness, either there is some problem with the tooth, may be it is fractured. Secondly, possibility is that you may have got trauma due to biting or food like fish sting stuck there. Third possibility is that due to trauma from ...  Read Full »