Q. Why is my foreskin tight and difficult to retract after two days of frenuloplasty?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I had a frenulum tear due to excess sexual intercourse, and I underwent frenuloplasty to correct my foreskin. On the first two days after the surgery, my foreskin was clear and comfortable. But after two days, it became tight and difficult to retract. I am unable to get an erection. I can pull the foreskin back while my penis is flaccid, but it is difficult to pull when erected.

Kindly help.

#

Thanks for consulting us.

The foreskin is hard to retract due to expansion during erection. The reason for frenuloplasty could have been phimosis (narrowing of the foreskin). It would help if you keep the area dry and clean. It is recommended to clean the area with saline and sterile gauze. And then pat dry the area. Kindly avoid the contact of urine with the surgical site. It will take two weeks to heal completely. Please avoid erection or masturbation during this period.

Kind regards.

|