Q. I urinate in every 5 minutes interval and I am not diabetic. What is the reason?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Oct 24, 2019

I am urinating in every five minutes interval of time daily. This problem does not occur for about ten days in a month. Why the frequency of urine increases though I do not drink excess water. Sometimes in the night, there is a burning sensation. I have the feeling to urinate, but when I go for urine, it is not coming, and I feel the burning sensation. I do not have diabetes.

I have this issue for more than one year. I thought it was due to my study pressure, but this time I do not have any study pressure instead, it happens. I have done the uroflowmetry test.

#

This can occur due to stress or due to prostate gland swelling.

Since it is occurring only some days of a month, stress is the more likely cause.

You can share your uroflow and other reports here.

If you have done urine routine tests, RBS (random blood sugar), and Sonography of the KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) region, you can share those also.

Whenever you start getting frequent urination, take TerolLA-2 (Tolterodine Tartrate) once daily.

Try relaxation exercises and try to extend urine holding time by five to ten minutes.

Take less fluids at night and avoid tea, coffee, and cold drinks after 6 pm.

Can testicle pain and difficulty in reaching ejaculation be prostatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old married man and this is my story. Three months back testicle pain and difficulty reaching ejaculation for a few days. Also, a mild pain near the rectum or anus for a few days. A month later received unprotected oral sex from a woman. The very next month started to f...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and severe pain in abdomen. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and minimal calcification. Does it mean prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am worried about my prostate as my grandfather had prostate cancer and my father had an enlargement but was already cured. I had an ultrasound last year due to frequent urinating and result showed minimal calcification a year back. The Radiologist told me that the ca...  Read Full »