Q. Which ayurvedic medicine can be used to treat frequent urination?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I am having frequent urination problem (urine every 30 to 40 minutes and not satisfied post-void) since a month. My Kidney function tests, blood sugar level, prostrate size everything is normal. My pelvic ultrasound showed mild urine post-void retention of 25 ml and muscosal prominence was noted measuring 3 to 4 mm in thickness.

Kindly advice me an ayurvedic medicine. I read about Chandraprabha vati and Bangshil. Let me know what is to be recommended. And Gogshuradi Guggulu is a diuretic so I will not prefer that.

Do you have a question on Frequent Urination or Ayurveda Treatment?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

I have read your case history. You have mentioned kidney function test, blood sugar level and prostrate size is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), even then you get frequent urination. See, only above mentioned causes are not responsible for frequent urination. Incomplete void due to any reasons like thickness of bladder sphincters or nerve conduction defects, infection, inflammation in urinary tract are also responsible for such conditions. Excess consumption of alcohol, using air-condition are also causes of frequent urination.

As you mentioned some Ayurvedic medicines name like Chandraprabha Vati, Bangshil and Gokshuradi guggulu are very potent and effective medicines in urinary system disorders.
Gokshuradi guggulu works as diuretic but it also helps to remove the cause of retention of urine.
So as per your present case history and investigation reports you should go through following medications.
1. Chandraprabha Vati 1 tablet + Shweta Parpati 500 mg + Kanchanara guggulu 1 tablet thrice a day with honey after meals.
2. Varunadi Kasayam 20 ml twice a day with equal amount of water after meals.
3. Neeri syrup 10 ml twice a day before food.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Quit smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
Avoid cold drinks, soft drinks, ice-cream, etc.
Avoid to use air conditioner.

Do these things and provide your valuable feedback after fifteen days.

I am suffering from sensorineural hearing loss. Is there any Ayurveda treatment for this?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old female. I am suffering from sensorineural hearing loss. Is there any Ayurvedic treatment for this? Because I do not want to use hearing aids. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sensorineural hearing loss cannot be reversed or cured. Scientific evidence about preventing it from causing further damage due to age also is not very sound. However, what is the cause of neural loss? Is it present in both ears or only one? Can you upload your audio...  Read Full

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.
Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full >>
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To stop the bleeding, I suggest the following: Tablet Ashokadi vati - two in the morning after breakfast, two in the afternoon and two after dinner. Continue this till the bleeding stops. If you do not get the above tablet, buy Ashoka pattai (bark) choorna. Take 1 g t...  Read Full

I have frequent urination and tests showed up 6 to 7 pus cells. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having frequent urination and tests showed up pus cells 6 to 7. I am having this for three days. I am having a feeling of voiding it even if I just urinated like one minute ago only.  Read Full >>
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your suffering. From what you mentioned, you have simple urinary tract infection. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urination, painful urination, and change in the color of urine. Treatment: Trimethoprim 200 mg tablet twice daily for five days (in case...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now