Q. I have dead skin peeling and blisters on the tip of my penis due to friction. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have skin peeling or blister on the tip of my penis, which I believe is caused by friction. It is tender to touch but does not hurt or itch by itself. There is no oozing of liquid from the penis. I do not have any fever or other ailments. I am also currently taking Sompraz D40 for my stomach. I read that aloe vera is good, so I applied some, but I believe it is making it even more tender. I had some sexual activity, but it was with protection (condoms). I have added some photos of the said injury. What would be my best course of action? I had blisters on penis head about a year ago and prescribed Acyclovir 400 mg, Mupirocin, and Diclofenac. I am currently taking Sompraz D 40 for the stomach. Please help.

#

Thanks for your question.

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached.

It looks like a friction ulcer.

Do as follows.

1. Wear only cotton undergarments and clothes. No jeans and tight clothing.

2. Keep your penis open every 2 to 3 hours for 10 to 15 minutes. Is it possible?

3. Apply Betadine (Povidone-Iodine) tube thrice daily.

4. Also, apply Calamine (Zinc carbonate and Ferric oxide) lotion after one hour of Betadine.

5. Do not masturbate or do sex for atleast 10 to 15 days.

6. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.

Please let me know if you have diabetes.

I will be happy to help you further. I wish you good health. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

After applying the ointment, it is healing nicely. But I have another problem, there seems to be dead skin peeling along the base of the penis head, and after I wash it, the skin becomes tender to the touch, but otherwise not painful if left alone. I have attached some pictures of the same. Could I be suffering from some STI? What is the best course of action to take?

#

Thanks for your question.

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached. These images are not as straightforward as previous ones. So please send me only one or two images with clarity. This can be STD (sexually transmitted disease).

• Have you ever participated in unprotected intercourse?
  • Are you faithful to your partner?
  • Do you prefer your partner for oral sex?

Please reply to my answers to the above-asked questions so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. I wish you good health. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

No, all intercourse are protected (using condoms); oral sex is without using condoms. There is no fever or discharge from the penis, only the peeling of dead skin cells, and the side of the penis head is just a little tender when touched. I believe I have dry skin problems, so could it cause such issues? I have added some more pictures, including the healed part.

#

Thanks for your follow-up question on icliniq.

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It has healed properly. And the possibility of STD is there as you had unprotected oral sex. Are you faithful to one woman or multiple partners?

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I am with two partners, one only for oral sex and another for intercourse. Intercourse is always using condoms, and the frequency of sexual relations is minimal.

#

This is interesting.

• Does your oral partner has any bleeding ulcer or oral lesion?
  • Are your partners faithful to you?
  • Your behavior is very risky. I must tell you this.
  • Are you married?

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have any oral problems. One partner has braces for her tooth rearrangement. Should I take any medication? Or leave it to heal by itself; thanks for the advice about my behavior.

#

Thanks for your follow-up question.

You continue with the Calamine lotion and Betadine ointment. You can take Multivitamin tablets if you wish; it can fasten the healing. I am curious now.

• Are you married?
  • What is your age?

| 

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»