Q. Noticed breakouts in vagina after a long run. Please help.

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

Recently, I have started running long distances. I noticed breakouts in my vagina. Please assure me whether this is just from sweat or anything else.

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator Lactation Counselor Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You are quite close. They are not due to sweat, but due to friction between your clothes and the growth studs of your vaginal hair.
  • Small hair growths and follicles get caught between the threads of the fabric and pulled causing these eruptions.
  • Wearing loose and skin friendly material like cotton will do the trick. Also, keep the area clean and dry.

Loose well aerated clothes.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|