Q. What can I do for scrotal bumps that occur after walking a lot?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have these white bumps on my scrotum. They are pretty much like pimples with pus in them. They only show up on warm days and when I walk a lot throughout the day. I am using Calamine lotion at night and in a day they completely go away. They do not hurt, but it just feels like a rash. I work out a lot and have big thighs and pretty big testicles. I guess there is a lot of friction. What can I do for this?

#

• It is a case of friction blister with superimposed fungal infection especially candidal.
  • Sweating and friction lead to maceration, which is responsible for this disease.
  • Instead of Calamine, I suggest Clotrimazole powder two to three times daily. It will not only acts against the fungus, but also reduce the friction. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Keep the area dry after activity by wiping it with a clean towel and apply powder before and during active days in order to reduce friction. Nothing much you can do except to avoid the activity.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

The only problem is the activity and I cannot avoid it in my job. I will try the cream and keeping it dry as much as possible.

#

• I can understand your situation, but it has to be controlled in this way only. Always have a dry, clean, soft towel with you to wipe off the sweat.
  • Also, please check your blood sugar as it is pretty common in diabetics and is an indicator of poorly controlled diabetes.

|