Q. What to do for friction blisters?

Published on Jun 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

I am a mailman and I walk all day. About a month ago, I started developing these white blisters on my scrotum. It just feels like a rash. On my rest days, they disappear. But, once I am back to work and walking in the heat, they return. They appear in two spots on my sack. These are the spots that rub the most when I walk against my thighs. I am thinking some kind of friction blisters, but I cannot be sure. I am pretty sure it is not herpes due to the fact they go away when I am not walking in the heat and only come back when I do. Also, I always wear protection. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is a kind of frictional folliculitis only and nothing to worry. It is not a herpes.

You just take precautions for not to walk too much in hot environment.

I suggest you tablet Levocetirizine and apply Lacto Calamine lotion after cleaning your scrotum with normal cool tap water for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back after five days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have skin color bumps that are getting darker. What can it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I got skin color bumps all over my body which are getting darker after going away. I have attached the photos. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and noted your details. The description matches closely that of superficial folliculitis which is a low grade bacterial infection of the hair follicles and is recurrent in nature. For som...  Read Full

How to differentiate between scabies, flea bite, bed bug, and folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a general practitioner. I struggle to differentiate these conditions: scabies, flea bite, bed bug and folliculitis. I would really appreciate your clinical knowledge and goodwill in enlightening me about this, so I can provide¬†better care for our patients.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. Scabies is caused by mites. In this, the patient presents with nocturnal itching with burrows over the web space of hands. In flea bite or bed bug bite, you may find itchy erythematous papules that may be localized or generalized depending u...  Read Full

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having non-involuting congenital hemangioma (NICH). NICH present at birth and usually flatter, presented as well defined round to ...  Read Full