Q. I have red friction scars on my penis. How to treat it?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I have taken some pictures of my penis, as I have had these red marks for years. They are like friction burns. Is there anything I can take to redness and scar?

#

Redness over the penis is caused due to infection (bacterial/ yeast), irritation by friction, or certain topical medication.

Did you get whitish discharge from the urethra, or do you have diabetes mellitus? Did you take any medication for fever or painkillers before the onset of these symptoms? Do you have any other infection in your body elsewhere, like ringworm?

Friction. Bacterial infection.

After the proper history, if there is any discharge then microscopy and culture.

Drug rash.

Frictional dermatitis.

After the proper history, depending on the cause of balanitis.

Avoid frequent handling of the area (avoid masturbation). Maintain hygiene. Do not apply any irritant or self medicate. Apply a soothing lotion like calamine if there is itching or irritation. Look for any other signs like any discharge and report it next time.

As required by the patient.

I have no discharge. I think the redness and scars are caused by friction. As I said, I had this for a few years.

#

To reduce redness and scars, you can apply vitamin E cream twice daily over the scarred areas. It will help to improve the appearance of skin over glans and also reduce scarring. Avoid wearing very tight underwear or do anything to aggravate friction.

|