Q. How should be the quality of embryo used for IVF?

I had a failed IVF cycle. None of my embryos made it to day 6. On day 5, one embryo was transfered. I am not getting proper answers from my clinic regarding the quality and growth of embryo that was transfered. Is the quality of the embryo good? Is this how it is supposed to look on day 5?

#

It is a poor embryo with irregular cell walls and nuclei (attachment removed to protecct patient identity). It is unlikely that it would reach towards a successful pregnancy however if it has been implanted then just follow up with scans.

Thank you very much for your response. On second day of menstrual cycle, my FSH was - 8.02 mIU/ml and my estradiol- 33.52 pg/mL. Is this in normal range for a 31-year-old female?

Is it fine to transfer a poor quality embryo? And my doctor never told me it was of poor quality. They told me that my embryos are looking good. Are there any cases of successful pregnancy by having such embryo transferred? What could be the causes of such poor quality embryo?

#

The levels are normal for FSH but for estradiol, they are high.

I have gone through your husband's reports. He has very poor sperm count and has got abnormal forms of sperm amorphous heads with presence of bacteria. He has oligoasthenoteratozoospermia with infection. The cause of poor quality embryos are poor quality sperms. He needs to be treated for three months atleast before another attempt on IVF or there is possibility that you may conceive naturally if he is treated on the first hand.

|