Q. Will Tranexamic acid help to stop bleeding after frozen embryo transfer?

Dr. Vidyaprem

One of my relative aged about 36 years (married for 6 years) undergone frozen embryo transfer on 14th March and she got positive beta HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) on 25th. She developed vaginal bleeding from 5th April varying from light spotting to moderate bleeding on three occasions. She was given Tranexamic acid for three days on two occasions and this time also advised to take the same.

She is advised to stop Aspirin and Enoxoparin which she was on even prior to embryo transfer. Her scan is showing gestational age of 8 weeks 2 days with fetal heartbeat and SCH of 3 cm.

She is on Duphaston 10 mg QID, Susten 400 QID, Progynova 2 mg QID, Folic acid, Mecobalamin, Aspirin and Enoxaparin 60 mg (daily which she stopped today). Please advice further management.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Vidyaprem

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I can understand the struggle she is going through. The SCH (subchorionic hematoma), is big yet the positive thing is fetal growth of 8 weeks with FHR (fetal heart rate). She is on the right medications and I would like to add an antibiotic like Augmentin 625 mg along with the medication. She is already on medication for five days to avoid infected subchorionic hematoma (as its big 3 cm) nothing more could be done. Let her stay at rest with a sound and a happy mind.

Threatened abortion.

Threatened abortion.

Reassurance, continue the same treatment with just an added antibiotic.

Rest and stay positive.

| 

I am bleeding during pregnancy. Should I discontinue Heparin injection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and six days pregnant and am currently on LMWH (Inj Innohep 40 mg) as tests prior to pregnancy indicated a positive ANA. I have a history of a previous mid-trimester miscarriage which was believed to be due to an incompetent cervix, and so have been on vaginal progest...  Read Full »

Does my wife's hCG levels indicate a healthy pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she has PCOD. We are trying to conceive for 2 years. We had done an IUI which failed. We did IVF, but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. Last month, our doctor did Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). He transferred 2 embryos on that day. We got a positive result...  Read Full »

I am bleeding during pregnancy. Can this lead to miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 20 years old, 5'2" and 45.3 kg. I am pregnant but during my ultrasound, there is no embryo and yolk sac. My uterus is seven weeks and three days having 3.1 mm. Seven days after the ultrasound I had bleeding but it was light, the color was dark red, brown or black and it w...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now