Q. I missed the first FSH injection. Is there any possibility of conceiving this month?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2022 and last reviewed on: Nov 16, 2022

I have been trying to conceive for many months. I was prescribed FSH 75 IU injection on the seventh, eighth and ninth day of my monthly cycle. I was advised to take HCG 5000 IU injection on the 13th day of my monthly cycle. I forgot to take the first FSH injection. Can I take this injection on the tenth day? I had taken these injections last month but did not conceive. This is my second month of trying these medicines. Is there any possibility of conceiving this month?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern.

Yes, you can take the prescribed FSH injection (follicle stimulating hormone injection) on the tenth day. Please note that it needs to be followed up by transvaginal sonography. If your reports indicate proper egg maturation, only then HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) 5000 IU injection can be given.

These are strong medicines that, if taken randomly, can cause serious health issues. As it takes a lot of monitoring to predict conception chance, only your attending doctor who is monitoring your progress can predict your chance of conception.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|