Fundus Fluorescein Angiography

What are the treatment options for CSR in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 44 years old. I have CSR in my right eye. Please tell some solution other than laser treatment. Also, I see floaters in both eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In simple words, CSCR is disease of the retina in which fluid is collected under the retina (central serous chorioretinopathy). It is common in people with stress and taking steroids. If it is the first time, then treatment is not advised until three months as in...  Read Full »

Can steam affect your eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. I have floaters in my eyes. Mostly on the right eye and sometimes on the left. I also have dry eyes. Here are my optomap images from the optometrist for your evaluation. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Floaters in the visual field can be due to many reasons. The common causes are retinal tear, retinal detachment, vitreous detachment and vitreous inflammation. In your case, your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of both eyes look similar and I do ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sudden loss of vision in a single eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My Mother is 60 years old. One month before she was not able to see anything in the evening from right eye so she washed it with water and pour some eye drop into the right eye. She felt burning sensation too. Next morning she was not able to see anything clearly the vision is blurred...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This sudden painless loss of vision prompts the possibility of central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). The thing that has happened here is a vein carrying blood to the retina is blocked and it got burst releasing blood inside as well as outside retina which leads to b...  Read Full »

Can eye freckles disappear on their own?

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the images shared by my optometrist. He said I have no freckles. If a freckle develops sometime in one's life, then what would prevent it from growing indefinitely to melanoma? Will it develop for some time and stop? If you do notice the freckle then please clarify doubts w...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent I do not see a freckle in either eye. A freckle will show as a pigmented patch in the retina of the eye. If there is a freckle it will not reduce in size on its own. It will increase in size...  Read Full »

Is diabetic retinopathy treatable?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old woman with diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid problem. I am having a problem with my left eye vision, and the doctors say it is severe NPDR. They say that it is not curable or treatable. Do I have a chance of treating this problem? I do not have my sugar levels und...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have exudative maculopathy along with the said NPDR (non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy). There is no macular edema, but only deposits in the seeing portion of your eye. The p...  Read Full »

There is a hemorrhage in the eye and a cotton wool spot. Is this serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently had an eye test done and it revealed that I have astigmatism, also there is a hemorrhage 2 DD superior to macula 2 DD in the left eye and a cotton wool spot 2.5 DD supero-temporal to the optician's disc in the right eye. I am hypertensive but my BP is under control wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this probably is related to hypertension. You are currently suffering from hypertensive retinopathy. Now your BP is under control but previous longterm episodes of uncontrolled BP has led to the narrowing of blood vessels in your retina and this has led to a re...  Read Full »

From the reports, can you tell me if I have ARMD or CSR?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. 15 days ago, my left eye vision started getting distorted. I have no pain, and I never had any eye problem nor did anyone in my family. I went to the doctor, and the doctor did not give me any diagnosis so far. After a few scans, first one was taken 10 days ago and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to comment without examining your retina or your scans. As you mentioned there was blood at the fovea, this is suggestive of wet ARMD (age-related macular degeneration) rather than CSR (central serous retinopathy). Moreover, injection is advised f...  Read Full »