Q. I have fungal infection in my private parts with pain. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 24, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am a 30-year-old male. My weight is 67 kg, and I am 5'6" feet tall. I have a fungal infection in private areas. I am feeling pain and have an infection for the past two to three weeks. I have only one lesion, but now it is increasing on the glans. Please suggest. I am currently taking Dazit.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern and have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the photo, it does not look like a fungal infection as there are clear cut nodular lesions.

Is there any history of risky sexual exposure recently? Any pus from the lesion, associated fever or chills? Any history of condom allergy? What is the skin allergy that you had? Any rashes on the body? Kindly answer all the queries to arrive at a diagnosis.

Thank you doctor,

I do not have a history of sexual exposure anytime. I have a little bit pus from the cut lesions. No fever or chills, no history of condom allergy. I have a skin allergy like redness or itchy rashes on the skin for the last four years, and the doctor suggested taking Dazit and Atarax. Should I stop this tablet to cure this disease? Please suggest. This is the first time I got infected in my private area. I have seen only one cut lesion in the past one week, but now it is increasing and seen some pus in it.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Since there is no risky sexual exposure, what you experience might just be a reaction due to increased body heat together with a minimal fungal infection as the area is prone for it.

You can use tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice daily for five days (short course of antibiotics to reduce the inflammation), tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily for five days, Fusidic cream for application in the morning (antibacterial) for two weeks, Miconazole cream for application in the night (antifungal) for two weeks, KZ soap (Ketoconazole) soap for wash twice daily, and tablet Atarax 10 mg once daily at night for two weeks (if itching persists). Provided there is no prior allergy to these medications.

Review after two weeks. If there is no improvement even after two weeks, you may have to give for culture and sensitivity studies.

Also follow these measures:

1. Keep the area always dry.

2. Use only dry clothes.

3. Wear loose, breathable cotton clothes.

4. Iron your clothes before wearing to kill the fungal molds.

5. Wash area with lukewarm water.

6. Frequent changing of bed linens and towels.

7. Do not share your personal items.

8. Maintain good genital hygiene.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is there any alternate for Lamisil granules for scalp ringworm?

.. ringworm infection stays for a longer time. Topical ketoconazole cream is good. The oral medication prescribed is also good for the infection. There are a few alternatives. Any medicine carries some side effects along with it. We need to weigh the...   Read full

I have red wound growing on my thighs. What is it?

You can use topical Clotrimazole cream local application twice daily and take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day for four weeks after consulting your GP or nearby dermatologist ...   Read full

What is the treatment for itchy skin ulcer in pubic area?

Right now treatment for pyoderma is all that you require as even if it is herpes anti-herpetic medications are not needed after 72 hours ... Kindly consult your doctor and take the treatment with...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

What Is Epilepsy Or Seizure Disorder?
We all are familiar with the term epilepsy, and always associate it with fits or seizures. But, there is more to it. So,...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Venereologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.