Q. Are the medicines I am taking for fungal infection correct?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema
Published on Sep 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I am an i-phone application developer. I am suffering from fungal infection for the past one year. It is like ringworms. I am so scared. I am currently on Syntran 200 mg, Histafree 180 mg, Hicope and Onabet B cream. Please help.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

You have mentioned using Panderm and Terbinaforce plus cream. Both of them contain steroids and lead to worsening of fungal infection rather than cure. You should stop using them immediately.

You have not mentioned the duration of use of Syntran capsule and Onabet B cream but if you are not having benefit after 10 days of use then you can consider resistant fungi and change the medicines.

Continue with Hicope (Hydroxyzine) and Histafree (Fexofenadine) for itching. You can apply Luliconazole cream on the affected area once daily and take tablet Terbinafine 250 mg once daily for two weeks and then revert back.

Also keep your soap and towel seperate. Keep your body dry, stay in cool and airy environment and wear loose cotton clothes. Wish you speedy recovery.

Please suggest treatment for candidal balanitis.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them. Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details: Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ? Do you ...  Read Full

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrence of tinea is most commonly due to either incomplete treatment or wrong medication most commonly the combination of a topical steroid with a topical antifungal e.g Candid-B (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical) or other similar preparations. To...  Read Full

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full