Q. I have a rash on my penis head, which does not resolve with any medication. Please suggest.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have suddenly developed a lesion. It is just like a rash on my penis head, and it is not going away. I never had this issue in my entire life. I do get fungus on my skin once in a few years but not on the penis ever. This is the first time. I have already taken two full courses of antifungal medicines like Fluka 150 and applied various creams like Candid B and Onabet cream. I was also given antioxidants for skin rashes for one month. Nothing is working; kindly help.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

Moreover, it looks like there is an interrupted blood supply to the penis, and due to that, only it is bluish. Or maybe the picture is not clear. It is looking like the rash is under the skin.

• Is it outside or inside?
  • How old are you?
  • Did you have unprotected sex recently?
  • Since when do you have this rash?
  • Is there any pain or itching?
  • Did you notice any discharge from it? If yes, what color?

Please answer so I can help you accordingly.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I have attached the file.

#

I got your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These rashes can be due to herpes infection. And it can be associated with your genital infection too.

1. Can you please tell me how old you are?
  2. Do you have any history of recent unprotected sex?

Please answer.

Thanks for your query.

There is no itching as such, just the rash. I think the color difference is because of all the creams that I have applied. It has left patchy skin on the penis. I am 37 years old and married but have not had any unprotected sex. Though today I have itching on the entire body and suddenly on my right thigh, I can now see a legion as well. At least that, I am sure, it looks like a fungal infection. The thigh picture in the previous image was a new legion that appeared today.

#

Thank you for a quick reply.

Yes, as you have mentioned, there is itching and lesions. It will be a fungal infection. But the fungal infection is mostly transmitted sexually.

That is why I asked if your partner had any symptoms. Suppose she has, then both need to be treated. Along with that, general hygiene is required.

• Please frequently clean with running water and soap.
  • Avoid sex for two weeks.
  • Apply Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole cream three times a day one gland of the penis and other body rashes as well.
  • Tab Cetirizine 10 mg once a day after meal for five days.
  • Tab Cefixime 200 mg twice a day.
  • Avoid rest treatment.

And after five days, if it continues, then it will go for further testing.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I hope this works. I have been stuck with it for almost two to three months now. I took Fluka 150 today. Can I continue with that tablet from tomorrow?

#

If it is long-standing, then please add, tablet of Prednisone 10 mg once a day after meal for five days. Please do not take it for more than five days without my prescription. And please do not take Fluconazole. Just take medicine I prescribed. And let me know if anything else. You can call or message me anytime.

| 

Why are there red rashes and white patches seen on the glans and the foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 63 years old and I am diabetic. I felt allergy last week on the second day of starting Febuxostat, which was given to mitigate calculi in the left kidney. There are red rashes encircled with white patches seen on the back of the head of the glans and foreskin, and there is no relief...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

I have itching on the testicles and white rashes on the top end of my penis. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itching on the left side of my testicle and also two white rashes on the top end of my penis. What are they?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»