Q. What could the two circles in my back be?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I have two circles close together on my back. Each one is just under 1/2 cm to 3/4 cm in diameter. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#

I understand your concern, It looks like you have pityriasis versicolor, a form of a superficial cutaneous fungal infection. It is caused by a fungus called Malessezia Furfur. As the name suggests, it can be of various colors like dark, light, skin-colored, or red. Common sites are neck, back, chest, and shoulders. When rubbed with a finger and not sweating, it can show some fine white powdery scales on the skin surface. It can be precipitated by sweat and heat.

I suggest you take the following medications:

1. Tablet Fluconazole 400 mg one tablet today and then take another after a week.

2. Use Ketoconazole 2 % shampoo as a body wash. Apply it on the rash at the time of bath, leave it for five minutes and rinse. Do this every other day for a month.

It might take one to two months for the rash to subside. Hope this is helpful. Kindly follow-up for more queries.

|