Q. What are these sores that I have on buttocks?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2020

I have some sores that have shown up on my buttocks. It started off as red itchy bump and I used some apple cider vinegar on a few of them thinking it was ringworm and it scabbed. I am not sure what these scabs are. It does not look like the pictures I had seen of STDs. But I am wondering if I should be concerned about possible STD.

#

I have seen the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seemed to be caused by a fungus named tinea. You have got a fungal skin infection.

You can apply Clotrimazole ointment after consultation with dermatologist and take Ibuprofen per oral.

Wear cotton only and loose clothes.

Avoid tight fitting jeans as that causes the buttocks line to closely approximate and the itching to aggravate.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|