Q. Why do my wife and I have itchy white spots on our private parts?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 10, 2021

I am having itchy white spots on my penis from last two days. When I rub the spots, it seems the skin is peeling off. It started after having sexual intercourse with my wife, and she also has some white itchy spots on her vagina. Both of us got the same problem a couple of times in the past. We have not used anything for it, and it just disappeared in a week. What is it and how to prevent it from coming again?

#

• I need pictures of these spots for better diagnosis. But as per your complaint, there are two things which can be considered.
  • A fungal infection, it is common in young diabetic patients. I would suggest you and your wife try taking the following.
  1. Fluka (Fluconazole) 150 mg twice in a week.
  2. Apply Candid (Clotrimazole) cream on the spots for three weeks.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medication with their consent.
  • It can also be frictional rashes. In young couples, due to the friction of penis and vaginal skin during intercourse, such a problem can happen. You can avoid this conflict by properly lubricating the penis.

Revert with more information to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the reply. Can you please tell me how to prevent it from coming again? Should we both use the cream daily? I am attaching the photos of these white spots.

#

Thank you for the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems to be a fungal infection. Start the following medicines after consulting your doctor.
  1. Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 twice in a day for seven days.
  2. Fluka 150 mg twice in a week for 15 days.
  3. Candid cream for 15 days.
  • Both you and your wife should take these medications as she also has vaginal fungal infection. Let me know the result after 15 days.

Review after 15 days to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|