Q. Why do my wife and I have itchy white spots on our private parts?

Answered by
Dr. Gaurang Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 10, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am having itchy white spots on my penis from last two days. When I rub the spots, it seems the skin is peeling off. It started after having sexual intercourse with my wife, and she also has some white itchy spots on her vagina. Both of us got the same problem a couple of times in the past. We have not used anything for it, and it just disappeared in a week. What is it and how to prevent it from coming again?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • I need pictures of these spots for better diagnosis. But as per your complaint, there are two things which can be considered.
  • A fungal infection, it is common in young diabetic patients. I would suggest you and your wife try taking the following.
  1. Fluka (Fluconazole) 150 mg twice in a week.
  2. Apply Candid (Clotrimazole) cream on the spots for three weeks.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medication with their consent.
  • It can also be frictional rashes. In young couples, due to the friction of penis and vaginal skin during intercourse, such a problem can happen. You can avoid this conflict by properly lubricating the penis.

Revert with more information to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the reply. Can you please tell me how to prevent it from coming again? Should we both use the cream daily? I am attaching the photos of these white spots.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Thank you for the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • It seems to be a fungal infection. Start the following medicines after consulting your doctor.
  1. Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 twice in a day for seven days.
  2. Fluka 150 mg twice in a week for 15 days.
  3. Candid cream for 15 days.
  • Both you and your wife should take these medications as she also has vaginal fungal infection. Let me know the result after 15 days.

Review after 15 days to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have fungal infection on penis with testicular pain. Kindly help with medications.

Hello doctor, I have prescribed Candid B ointment for penis fungal infection ... Switch to plain Candid cream for fungal infection ......   Read full

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

.. a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infect...   Read full

Is fungal infection the main cause for losing skin on my penis?

.. common cause will be a fungal infection, and the treatment will be with Canesten cream (Clotrimazole) to apply twice daily for a week. But since the lady is also symptomatic, it is better to go for STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening for ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cosmetologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.