iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyfungal infectionThe infection in the inner side of my thigh is turning black and spreading rapidly. What to do?

Why is the infection in the inner side of my thigh turning black and spreading rapidly?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At August 22, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 19, 2023

Patient's Query

I am suffering from an infection in the inner side of my thigh which is turning black and spreading rapidly. I want your advice. Kindly help. Thank you.

Thank you for your query. As per your history and images provided (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), the condition seems to be tinea cruris. It is a fungal infection that appears due to moisture retention. It can be transmitted by sharing the belongings of the affected individuals. It starts as a small lesion and will eventually increase in size and spread to other areas. It will take a few months for the lesion to fade away completely. But there is no need to worry, as medications can help treat this condition. I suggest you to follow the instructions mentioned below. Apply 1% Terbinafine cream (topical antifungal) on the affected area twice daily for two months. Use Ketoconazole (antifungal) soap and apply its lather on the affected area for two minutes before washing off. Do not use the medicated soap on the unaffected areas (any normal bathing soap may be used on other unaffected sites). Apply Terbinafine dusting powder twice daily as it helps absorb the moisture in the affected area. Take capsule Becosules Z (vitamin B complex, zinc and vitamin C) once daily after food at night for two months. Consult with a specialist, talk to them and take the medications with their consent. Avoid moisture retention in the affected areas. Towel dry the area well after taking a bath. I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty
Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Venereology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

tinea crurisfungal infection

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy