Common "Fungal Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Fungal Infection

Fungal infections are caused by fungi living on dead tissues of the body namely skin, hair and nails. There are different types of fungi causing infections, rashes and other specific symptoms at different sites in the body. They are treated by the use of anti-fungal medication.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Do I need oral antifungal medication for fungal infection on the head?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fungal infection that started with me getting cradle cap, and then the fungus spread throughout my hair, feet and has now spread all over my body. I have tried essential oils, also OTC Nizoral, and antifungal Terbinafine. I resorted shaving my head, and the fungus continues to...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Seborrheic dermatitis is caused by a superficial fungus in the upper layers of skin and can present as redness, scaling, and itching over the scalp, face, and body. Please avoid the use of any body or scalp oil as that might increase th...  Read Full »

Is red rash on the top of my foot a sign of tinea pedis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old male, and I have a red rash on the top of my foot, which is very painful. It covers the bottom half of my toes and goes about three-fourth of the way down my foot. I have had it for a couple of weeks now, and I think it is an athlete’s foot. I have tried so ma...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate treatment. Take care. Thanks.  Read Full »

Which is the best treatment for fungal infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from fungal infection from the last two years, continuously used many ointments but no benefit observed such as Ketoform, Dermiform, Sertaconazole, Luliconazole, Ring ring , Btex, Ring Guard and currently using Dermex cream. Please give me appropriate medicine name or a...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have tinea corporis. The creams that you have used are steroids that are not to be given for fungal infection. Application of these creams has aggravated your situation. Topical treatment can be used for relief but you need to be started on oral medicines for com...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.