Q. Can I use muscle mass gainer to gain weight?

Dr. Sanchari Majumder
Published on Apr 19, 2017

I am 17 years old. Can I use muscle mass gainer to gain weight?

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Dietician Nutritionist
#

• First, you should check your thyroid level, stress level, bone density and worm test. If all the above tests are fine, then follow the chart.
  • Daily exercise with proper diet will help you in achieving your weight with fitness. You have to eat every 2 hours. You have to eat high protein rich foods (55 g per day).
  1. Early morning - take three to four soaked almond or sprouts.
  2. For breakfast, you can take brown bread (2 slices) with boiled egg (without yolk) or 2 roti or bread with milk.
  3. You have to take one fruit within 2 hours of breakfast or can take a banana milk shake.
  4. For lunch, you can take rice two cups, vegetable curry, fish or egg or meat or chicken breast, yogurt, and broccoli. After that, you should take one fruit.
  5. Evening snacks with semolina, or sandwich
  6. Dinner as like lunch and you can add paneer, cheese, mushroom as vegetable curry.
  • Do exercises like strength training, weight lifting or yoga. Avoid stress and alcohol.
  • Take plenty of water (10 glass a day). You should eat more food at each meal by forcing. Before taking lunch, you can walk for some time as it will help you feel hunger.
  • Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours a day.  You should not use muscle mass gainer at this age. Kindly remember that gaining weight is a time taking process. So, do not expect any result within a fortnight. Thank you.

For further information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

| 

What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted se...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now