Q. Can I use some supplement to gain weight and build muscles?

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Published on Jan 06, 2019

I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food.

Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy proteins, fish, milk, eggs, plant-based sources like pulses and soy products.

Add two tablespoons of ghee on rice and butter on chapatis. Add dry fruits, nuts, almonds, etc.

Add plenty of vegetables, fruits mainly banana and sleep minimum 8 hours. Take good foods with proper digestions and need to consume all out to make the body fit and gain muscles.

Why am I having dry cough for the past nine months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a dry cough for the last nine months. I am not taking any medicine for a dry cough. Suggest some test for a dry cough. What could be the reasons for a dry cough?  Read Full »

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

Why is there numbness with tingling sensation in my right hand ring finger?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a month, I carried heavy grocery bags and after that my right-hand ring finger got numb with a tingling sensation. It is persistent for the past one month.  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now