Q. How to select a protein powder?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?

#

I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder:

1. Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good).
  2. Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good).
  3. High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving).
  4. Go for concentrate powders - that is absorbed at a moderate pace.

Typically, it is good to include this in between the meals. Wishing you good health.

For further guidance feel free to ask a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

What can cause weight gain, sweating and tiredness?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms of hypothyroidism and the reports too are suggesting the same. I recommend you to start tablet Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg every morning in empty stomach and repeat TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after two months. Revert back after two mo...  Read Full

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full >>

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food. Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy...  Read Full

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To gain weight in a healthy way, you need to build muscle; I advise you to indulge in regular physical activity and a healthy diet pattern. For a healthy diet, do not start eating oily food or junk food to gain weight, because that would only lead to a gain in fat a...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now