Q. How to select a protein powder?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?

#

I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder:

1. Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good).
  2. Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good).
  3. High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving).
  4. Go for concentrate powders - that is absorbed at a moderate pace.

Typically, it is good to include this in between the meals. Wishing you good health.

For further guidance feel free to ask a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|