Q. How to select a protein powder?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?

#

I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder:

1. Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good).
  2. Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good).
  3. High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving).
  4. Go for concentrate powders - that is absorbed at a moderate pace.

Typically, it is good to include this in between the meals. Wishing you good health.

For further guidance feel free to ask a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

| 

What causes weight gain, sweating, and tiredness?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full »

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now