Q. I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?

Dr. Suneetha B S

I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.

#

To gain weight in a healthy way, you need to build muscle; I advise you to indulge in regular physical activity and a healthy diet pattern.

For a healthy diet, do not start eating oily food or junk food to gain weight, because that would only lead to a gain in fat and lead to health problems, like high cholesterol and heart disease. For a healthy diet, increase the intake of protein in the form of sprouts, nuts, egg white and lean meats like fish and chicken. Follow up your workouts by drinking a whey protein supplement within 10 minutes of completing your workout. Instead of three major meals in a day, divide it into small meals every two hours. That makes it 8 to 12 small meals in a day.

For physical exercise, do 10 minutes cardio followed by strength training. Start off by lifting lighter weights. Listen to your body, and when it allows you, slowly move on to heavier weights. You can hire a qualified trainer to help you get results faster, and also guide you to do your exercises correctly. Improper posture and breathing pattern during exercise can lead to injury. Before you start any exercise program, visit a doctor for a proper physical examination, to understand if the exercise suits you and to prevent injury. A good eight-hour sleep and eating meals right on time are very important.

Having said this, I would like to say that everybody is born beautiful, inside and out. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|