Q. I am unable to gain weight. Please suggest.

Dr. Alka
Published on Oct 31, 2018

I am 27 years old. I am unable to gain weight. I am in depression as I am underweight. My weight is 49 kilograms. Currently, I am taking homeopathy medicines.

Dr. Alka

#

I can understand your concern. Take Nutrigain granules (Ashwagandha with Shatavari) one teaspoon two times a day with lukewarm milk and add a half teaspoon of Desi ghee or clarified butter in lukewarm milk. It will help you in gaining weight. Also, learn exercises which increase your muscular bulk. It helps to gain weight. Consult a nearby ayurveda physician after one month regarding improvement and for further management.

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

What exercise precautions are needed for someone who is not on blood thinners?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an accredited exercise physiologist currently working with a client who is taking blood thinners. Recently, the client will be going for oral surgery and has to stop taking the blood thinners five days in advance.  The client will be completing one last exercise session with me o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the age of your patient and whether he is hypertensive. I would advise you to ask your patient to avoid any exercise that would result in an impact e.g. jumping, boxing, or exercises involving the use of weights or resistance bands. These forms of ...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now