Q. I want to gain muscle weight without any protein powders. Please help.

Dr. Jesal Parag Shah
Published on Nov 03, 2019

I am 17 years old. My weight is 62 kg and my height is 5'9". I workout daily and I want to gain some muscles without supplements like protein powders. I want a muscularity and not fat.

Dr. Jesal Parag Shah

Dietician Nutritionist
#

According to your height, you are slightly underweight. Your IBW (ideal body weight) should be 70 kg and you should consume 70 gm of protein daily. Protein supplements are for people who do not consume enough protein in their diet.

1. You can indulge yourself in weight training exercises, of course, under the supervision of a trainer. You can do a session of chest and shoulder followed by back and biceps on the following day and leg exercises on the third day.

2. Eat plenty of proteins if you are lifting heavy weights or you plan to do high impact workouts. Your 15% of total calories should be from proteins such as meat, eggs, dairy products, and soya protein.

3. Increase your intake of carbohydrates and proteins. Snack before and after your workout preferably protein shakes or granola bars (they are energy dense).

Which capsule will be better for gaining weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 but my weight is just 40 kg which is too low according to me and my family. Everyone says I am too slim. So, I just wanna gain my weight now. Would you please suggest which capsule will be better for weight gaining?  Read Full »

Why am I spotting watery mucus after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have a regular menstrual cycle. But since the last four months, I noticed spotting mixed with watery mucus in the mid of the cycle. I was put on birth control pills a year back, but I still got pregnant and had a miscarriage six months back. After two months of my miscarriage, I...  Read Full »

I want to gain weight very fast. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,My age is 28, height is 176.78 cm and my weight is only 56 kg. I do not have any type of disease. I want to gain weight very fast. In five to six months up to 10 kg. Please suggest me a medicine, syrup, or protein supplement.  Read Full »

Ask a Dietician Now