Q. Please suggest some food to gain weight.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'11" and weight is 58.5 kg. I would like to gain body weight. I am have a problem of pimples with pus on face for the past four years. I had never taken any artificial mass gainer or protein. I am a pure vegetarian. My lipid profile result is as follows: Total cholesterol 93 mg%, triglycerides 46 mg%, HDL direct 33 mg%, LDL direct 60 mg% and VLDL (calculated) 9 mg%. My thyroid test report showed T3 106 mg/dL, T4 7.2 ug/dL and TSH 1.25 uL/mL. Please suggest something to gain weight and to increase my appetite. Thank you.

#

I understand your concern.

• I can advise you to take more fiber rich foods so that bowels stay clear without any constipation.
  • Plenty of vegetables like gourds and more of mix vegetables. Two to four types of fruits mainly banana, guava and berries. You have oily skin so avoid, fast foods, junk, fried and outside street foods.
  • Simple home made meals are better for digestion. As you are slim you must add high quality protein foods like soya, pulses, dairy foods, curd, pudding, chick pea and sprouts.

For further information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|