Q. Suggest some steps to gain weight faster.

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Zade and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gain Weight or Foods To Gain Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dr. Priyanka Zade
M.SC. (FOOD & NUTRITION)., PGD IN DIETETICS., B.SC. HOME SCIENCE
Dietician, Nutritionist

You can take four to five soaked almonds daily in the early morning and take a banana shake in the midmorning. Try to include a whole milk curd in your lunch. Do regular exercise to build your muscle.

How to gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an appetite enhancer to gain weight.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 53 kg. I want to gain weight. I do not feel hungry. I want to increase my appetite so that I can eat more. I also do not eat junk foods. I have always been underweight. I used a syrup to increase appetite when I was 14. But, I did ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There are food items which can act as appetizers instead of any syrup. But, if you find that syrup, then you can have it.Have tomato soups every day at 12 noon before lunch. Have carrot and cucumber salad in the evening or mid noon every day.Take a bowl of yogurt daily du...  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for oily scalp and hair?
How Is H.Pylori Infection Diagnosed and Treated?
Is it normal to have foamy urine?

Also Read Answers From