Q. Is there a remedy for gallstones in homeopathy?

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

I was diagnosed with gallstones (multiple with largest 14.4 mm in gallbladder lumen). The allopathic doctor says surgery is the only option. Currently, I do not have any symptoms apart from dull ache during daily exercise. Can homeopathy help to dissolve gallstones? Kindly help.

#

Yes, homeopathy can be helpful to you, and you have to take medicines for a long time. At present, if there are no symptoms then do not go for surgery. It will be useful if you can give details regarding, flatulence (gas), acidity, pain site, and constipation. At which time does the pain get increased? Do you have any other health issues?

Yes, I have flatulence, no acidity, pain site is right side ribs do not know if it is because of gallstone. The ribs are tender to touch. I have a history of low levels of vitamin D. I sometimes experience sore ribs on the left side as well. Constipation occurs occasionally. I have no other health issues. There is no regular pattern for the increase in pain it sometimes increases while doing exercise.

#

Kindly consult your doctor, discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Chionanthus mother tincture (Chionanthus virginica) 10 drops in half cup of water in the morning, noon and evening.

2. Cholesterinum 3 x 2 tablets in the morning, noon and night.

3. Lycopodium 200 (Clubmoss) five pills in morning weekly.

4. Syrup Liv T of SBL's company one spoon in the morning, noon and night.

Along with medicines, avoid much fatty, fried, and fermented food. Eat simple food. Gallstone pain mostly occurs at night especially because of the food mentioned above, because pain is related to increase Pita in the body.

I received the medicines and will be starting them today. I have a few doubts.

Should I totally stop taking milk, butter and curd in diet? I saw few online videos that say, a mix of lemon juice and olive oil taken frequently help in dissolving gallstones. Is there any truth in it?

#

No need to complete stoppage of milk, curd etc. Cheese, paneer, sweets, etc., have much fatty components those can be increase your complaints. You can notice by taking of various food, which are disagree for you.

And regarding that lemon juice, I do not know about that. You can try as they are natural things and so no need to worry. And, you can clarify your doubt with ayurvedic doctor. Thank you.

|