Q. How to get rid of the pain and discomfort caused by gallstone and fatty liver?

Dr. Radha Peruvemba Hariharan

I am a 27-year-old male. Seven months ago, I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night as I had difficulty breathing and felt like I could not move. It lasted for around five seconds; then, I went back to sleep. Since then, I have been having pain and discomfort in my abdomen's middle and left side. I have had an ultrasound done recently and was diagnosed with gallstones and a fatty liver. Would the gallstones be causing discomfort? I have suffered from loose stools for many years, and most of the time, I will urge to use the bathroom immediately after eating. I have never been diagnosed with IBS (my sister and father both have IBS). The pain has never been severe; I do not feel sick or get a fever. I have convinced myself that I have a cancer of the kidney or stomach that did not show up on my ultrasound. I am obese, and I am trying to lose weight. Will losing weight help with my pains?

Thanks.

#

Your abdomen pain does not have any relation with your chest discomfort and gallstones. The pain you have is most probably because of gastritis.

I suggest you take a blank diet for a week snd avoid fatty and spicy foods. Kindly see if you are not tolerating milk and milk products and wheat items because of gluten. Over anxiety may also cause indigestion and dyspepsia.

Please do regular exercises, yoga, and meditation. And take plenty of fluids and water.

Take care.

|