HomeAnswersDentistrygap in front teethWhat are the treatment options to close the gap between the upper front teeth?

How long will it take to close the gap in upper front teeth via orthodontic treatment?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At September 11, 2020
Reviewed AtSeptember 11, 2020

Patient's Query

I am getting married in six months and looking to go for an orthodontic brace treatment for teeth gap. Can I start it here and continue this treatment under another doctor's supervision in a new country if it takes longer?

Kindly upload an image of the gap that you need to get corrected. There are a few possibilities that will solve your issue in a week.

Orthodontic treatment might need more than six months approximately to a year, but everthing depends upon the space in between. So kindly upload an image of the gap to me. Use a flash if possible and I will assist immediately and walk you through the treatment needed.

We can even use a dental crown to hide this gap.

Patient's Query

Please find the attachment. I am awaiting your suggestions.

I went through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You need not wait for six months to treat the gap and slight overjet in upper central incisors. You just need a dental crown in both the teeth. Gap is minimal and the issue will be resolved in a week.

Get zirconia crowns and it is esthetically superior and best in class. The shade will be matched by your dentist and you will also recieve warranty. Placing two crowns in your upper central incisors will make your smile picture perfect and the best part is no one will understand whether you went for a treatment or not.

So all I suggest is not to go for orthodontic correction and get two dental crown (zirconia) to correct it. The treatment will be done in a maximum of one week and it is all done.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dentistry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy