Q. I have gaps in my teeth, little overbite, and a premolar is missing. What to do?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am 21. I have gaps in my teeth, little overbite, and a premolar is missing.

#

Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ

This is your Dentist -

I went through your query , Am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. As a Specialist am here to help you.

As per the image, first of all need an Xray to determine whether the premolar is impacted or simply not present inside the jaw.

Secondly going for orthodontic treatment will not be a Good idea. Since Gaps are visible only Canine to Canine and Deep bite is also evident .

Going for Dental Crowns will be best, they will not only cover up the gaps but also aesthetically pleasing . Since the tooth are not so wide it will be well adjusted and will look the best . Only Upper Canine to Canine Crowns needed . ( total 6 crowns)

Where as going for orthodontic treatment will be a complicated process , since the teeth in lower jaw is already inner placed, placing braces on upper jaw will also affect the lower jaw and force further inward and that has to be modified too. Altogether I wont advice that as it might be waste of money and time.

Whereas the Crown can be placed within a week and you will have a complete diffrent picture perfect Smile.

I hope it was helpful. Kindly rate positively and oblige. It helps alot and motivates to work harder.

Let me know if any further query ,am here to help you when ever needed.

Good Day Thanks Alot.

| 

My daughter has crooked teeth. Does she need braces?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 15 years old. She has crooked bottom teeth and overbite. Also, her molars have overlapped at the back, so that the baby tooth is still on top of the adult tooth. Otherwise, her teeth are fine. But,  she is not happy with her smile. Does she need braces?  Read Full »

I have large buck teeth and triangular gap between rows. Do I need braces?

Query: Hello doctor, So, I have an overbite and I would probably say it is pretty bad. My teeth are not that bad, but I do have large buck teeth. My two front teeth are angled on the outsides and that creates a triangle shape gap in between my top and bottom teeth. I was wondering with the information p...  Read Full »

Does dental implant surgery hurt?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister got one of her teeth decayed. Most of it falls off on its own. When we visited the doctor, he asked us to get an implant. She is terrified of hospitals and has an anxiety problem. What I want to ask is that whether doing implant procedure hurts?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Orthodontist Now