Q. I have wart-like itchy painful bump on the left side of vulva. What could it be?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have a wart-like bump inside my left side of vulva and it hurts wearing underwear and it is very uncomfortable.

#

Is it itching, irritation, painful, tender, tingling sensation? Is it burning? Or do you have pain when contact with water? Is it a papule, or vesicle, or pustule? Sexual history?

Do reply. Attach the picture of the lesion if possible.

Yes, it is itchy mostly at night. I am not in sexual relation for a year now. No multiple partners. It is not tender, it is soft and can be move. It is itchy mostly during the periods and I get spotting between period when wiping with a tissue.

#

It is a normal Gartner's cyst. It is harmless and benign.

Take tablet Zifi 200 mg twice daily for five days, Widcet 5 mg twice daily for seven days.

If it is big it requires excision. But a small one does not need surgery.

Is there irritation? Burning micturition? Painful? Excess scratching and rubbing of the lesion? Popping or pricking? Do reply.

Yes, it is painful one month ago. I have a pap smear test and it was painful because of this.

#

It is Gartner's cyst. These are more common in adult women. It is a benign and harmless lesion. Do not worry. Blister, papules, and filled cysts. Usually, it requires no treatment when small. But if excess scratching, rubbing, popping, or pricking present there may be a chance of bacterial infection.

Therefore tablet Zifi 200 mg twice daily for five days, Fucidin cream at night for seven days, tablet Emanzen D twice daily for three days (if painful), tablet Widcet 5 mg twice daily for seven days (when itching).

Maintain proper genital hygiene. Wash genital with warm water before the application of cream.

| 

Please suggest ways to concieve after a miscarriage a year back.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. Last year I got pregnant but happened miscarriage I do not know why. But last three months I visited a doctor and checked ultrasound my doctor says you have right side ovary cyst 4.4 cm × 4.8 cm fluid and I take citrate de columbine pills for 10 days and know ...  Read Full »

Red and painful boil on testicle makes walking difficult. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old male. I have a boil on my testicle. It discharged some yellow fluid in the morning. It has turned red now. I feel pain when I walk due to friction. I applied Candiderma powder in the morning, but now I forgot to get the powder to the office and I feel u...  Read Full »

There is no reduction in the frequency of motion in a child after giving pre and probiotics. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 months old and he is suffering from motions 9 to 10 times a day. I gave him Cefixime six drops and prebiotic and probiotic 1 ml two times a day but there is no improvement. Please give me advice.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»