Gas Formation

How long should I continue my treatment for abdominal pain and gas?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 74-year-old male. My problem is pain in the lower left quadrant of the abdomen and sometimes it radiates to the right also. It is persisting for more than 67 years. All my problems are stated below: I have mild to severe pain in the lower left quadrant of the abdomen sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Nitin Dongre

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) only. It is an autoimmune disorder whiuch means your defense mechanism is working against you. You have to continue your IBS medication for a longer period may be life long and try to adjust yourself with this fact. If you do n...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain with gas formation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this stomach pain 8/10 scale of pain, for about 4 days. When I push my tummy, it is painful. I am so gassy, I fart alot and whenever I poop I feel that I did not expel it properly. In the first 2 days I pooped watery but in 3rd and 4th day the texture is okay but my stomach is...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, given only 4 days long history of abdominal pain and gases suggests you probably have something in diet which has caused you this. For example, excessive of salads, milk, beans, certain cereals, rice, barley, rye, and alcohol, these all can cause increased gas ...  Read Full »

Why do I get burning sensation in throat and difficulty in passing motion?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having gas troubles and not able to go to motion properly. Sometimes I keep burping with burning feel in the throat. It will be there for sometime and goes away. I do not drink or smoke. I am eating healthy food on time. What could be the problem?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. This is likely gastric reflux, which is frequently aggravated by constipation. I guess you do not have any chest pain or burning which occurs on exertion and relieves with rest, this is just to rule out the possibility of cardiac cause. Now you should continue ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for radiating chest pain to neck and jaw in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain for more than one month, on and off radiating to neck and jaw sometimes. I also get pain in both shoulders sometimes. I am diabetic and hypertensive. Please explain my ECG reading. I am currently on Irbesartan and Metformin.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ECG is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are no significant abnormalities seen in ECG (electrocardiogram). Machine generated report mentioned at the top is frequently inaccurate so not to get panic with it. Now in cardiac pain, the pain...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for lower right abdominal pain while passing stool?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having abdominal pain on my lower right stomach since yesterday and my parents thought it is just the only bloated stomach. I cannot also urinate well and pass stools. Whenever I pass stools my lower right abdominal get hurt so badly. Is this appendicitis or other stomach disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine you must be very upset about your pain. Well the pain of appendicitis should be continues and not intermittent. Pain starts at the center of the abdomen around umbilicus and travel to the right lower part of the abdomen. Pain of appendicitis is often u...  Read Full »

What can cause moderate cough and a lot of gas?

Query: I have moderate cough from last 2 weeks and very little sputum which is very rare. Also I have no fever no problem is swallowing but I can feel a little pain when I touch my throat below the jaw area. I had runny nose 2 weeks back but not so much and now that is also gone. So no runny nose as of n...  Read Full »

Dr. Elangkumaran

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hi the problem what you have is called gastroesophageal Reflux disease people those who have this condition would develop dry cough especially at night and sore throat burning sensation in the stomach I would like to know is there any recent history of weight gain? ! sleep disturbances causes gas p...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for lower abdominal pain with intestinal discomfort and gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not feeling well in my large intestine for the past three days. I have abdominal pain in my lower part and it is effecting my bladder too. I feel a bunch of gas in my colon but I am unable to expel it. Please advise. I just used Entamizole tablet yesterday night and today morning...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it seems that you have intestinal colic (spasm of intestine). The Entamizole (Diloxanide Furoate and Metronidazole) can work well if you have an infection otherwise not. It may be because of you had something unusual with food that probably has caused increased...  Read Full »

What makes a person fart and go to the toilet many times a day?

Query: Hey doctor how do you do? To be honest am not fine !! When we come to ma point i have a symptoms like going to toilet many times in a day and also farting much times in a day(over 100 times ). Am from poor family Once I tried in hospital but because of money I Can't continued .It tooks many ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I am sorry to hear that you have been such distressful times. I really hope with the following advise your problem solve for rest of your life. Well you it is not uncommon to have fart and burping. Since these are the normal.process of body of emitting gases which...  Read Full »

What can I do to fix mild abdominal pain after passing stools?

Query: Hello doctor, This morning I woke up and passed stools and had mild abdominal pain in the center of my belly. I went about my day and the pain is getting more intense. I defecated again and it still hurts. The pain feels like the worst gas of my life but I am not farting. I cannot afford to go to t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the onset of pain with a feeling of bloating, and change in intensity after passing stools suggest it is related to gas. You probably had something last night, or a few days back, which has caused you to this gastrointestinal upset. Well, this does not seem al...  Read Full »

What should I do to get relief from gas problems and blood in stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 yrs old female...my height is 156cm and I weigh 91kg... I had two abortions...and still no baby...yesterday night I had some blood on my stool...and earlier for few months I had gas problems... usually, gas comes for many times in a day...also, I feel like gas is stored in my a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Actually the chronic problem of gas you mention is common in some one with overweight to obese-as in your case may be. Since your weight appears to be way beyond normal and this has definitely health consequences if not controlled. The blood in stool you mention, i...  Read Full »