Gas Formation

Is chronic non-specific cholecystitis dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to take a second opinion about my mother. In her ultrasound, it was diagnosed that she had gall bladder stones. There was no pain but it was accidentally observed in the ultrasound. We waited for three years, but then, later on, one of my friend’s mother developed gall ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I just need to reassure you that the surgery was done by a world class surgeon. Reply to your queries: No need to worry about non-specific cholecystitis. It is not a cancerous lesion. If ...  Read Full »

Can anal perforation result in producing more gas?

Query: Hi doctor, If you perforated your rectum from anal sex, would you know within five hours? I am feeling more gas than usual.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. In my opinion, any tear involving mucosa can be known to the individual within seconds rather than hours. I mean to say that if there is perforation of rectum you will know it within seconds and five hours are not requi...  Read Full »

Can changing Formula cause gas in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 4 weeks old. I fed her a combination of breast milk and formula milk. I changed her formula to enfalac from friscolac slowly, and started solely on enfalac yesterday afternoon. I changed the milk (upon consulting with the pediatric clinic) because she was having constipatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breast milk is definitely best and first choice but as it is insufficient and you need to supplement with formula feeds, all these formula milk are cow's milk. It is not clear from your query- which Enfalac formula you are giving as there are so many different types a...  Read Full »

Why is there gas with bloating in a paraplegic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is a complete SCI paraplegic, he is 28. He has been having severe stomach pains come and go for months and is not receiving any answers we were at the ER 3 times in a week, no results of infection, or constipation or anything seen in X-rays and cat scans, he gets very bloat...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Sajid

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query but as you have not mentioned how long ago the injury was sustained, I will presume it was not recent but the gas build is recent. If both are recent, you might want to look into the Bowel Program for SCI. First, make sure his diet is not very h...  Read Full »

Will lactose intolerance likely to cause frequent gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I get gas when I eat anything and I mostly notice it when I am in a quiet room because I get nervous and try to hold it in. I have to pass stools every morning to get it out of my system as best as I can. This sounds gross but it has been bothering me for three and a half years. I thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Sorry that you are going through all this. Some points to be made clear are if you were congenitally lactose intolerant these symptoms would have been severe during childhood, as they are for three years this conditio...  Read Full »

Why are there stomach pain and extreme gas in gastroparesis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gastroparesis, and everyday I have stomach pain, and extreme gas. I am tried working with my gastroenterologist but there are no results and no interest by them. I have tried Linzess, and Gabapetin but no result. I need help. It is destroying my quality of life. I can not go an...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can give my opinion I need to know a few facts. Since how long you have had diabetes and what medications are you taking? Do you have constipation, nausea, and vomiting? What is the site of stomach pain and what is the severity? I would also like to see the ...  Read Full »

Can Glycerin suppository be used twice a week for a 2-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 month old daughter started passing stool irregularly, from the past eight days. She was passing a lot of gas, but it did not smell. Seeing no improvement, we took her to the pediatrician, who said she had gas in her stomach. So, he gave her Decolic, Neopeptine, and Glycerin suppo...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This must probably be your first child, that is why this query. Please note that children under the age of six months may pass stools either 10 to 15 times a month or once in 2 to 3 days. And it is absolutely normal. You should be worried only if the child has not passed ...  Read Full »

Having constant stomach issues.Could this be IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years old. I always had stomach issues but now at the end of the day I have terrible gas trouble, and it does not matter what I eat. Beano helps a little. Could this be IBS?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Some times it may happen due to intestinal flora. Some food habits also cause such conditions. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) patients will be suffering from frequent loose motion and constipation. Stress is one of the primary cause of ...  Read Full »

I have gas formation, constipation and gallstone. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27 years old, height is 65 inches. Weight 56 kg now. Three months ago weight was 57.5. kg. Sleep 6 to 7 hours. About two years ago, weight was 58.5 kg. Blood pressure usually normal but sometimes low. I have a gas formation problem for about four years. Maximum time no pain but gas...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your three main concern is the weakness, gallstone, and gas problem. For weakness following workup can be done: Serum calcium level. Serum sodium, potassium. Serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) to rule out hypothyroidism. CBC to check Hb level to rule out a...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of stomach pulsating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female who is generally in good health. Yesterday, I went to dinner, ate a lot, felt very full after and felt I had strong gas. But, I was not in pain, just felt very full. What freaked me out was this pulsating feeling on the left side of my stomach above my belly bu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Burping was never and will never be a sign of pregnancy. It generally is due to the intake of food which does not get digested properly and results in belching. It is temporary and should settle in 36 to 48 hours. In case it is bothering you, ...  Read Full »