Gas Formation

Can Glycerin suppository be used twice a week for a 2-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 month old daughter started passing stool irregularly, from the past eight days. She was passing a lot of gas, but it did not smell. Seeing no improvement, we took her to the pediatrician, who said she had gas in her stomach. So, he gave her Decolic, Neopeptine, and Glycerin suppo...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This must probably be your first child, that is why this query. Please note that children under the age of six months may pass stools either 10 to 15 times a month or once in 2 to 3 days. And it is absolutely normal. You should be worried only if the child has not passed ...  Read Full »

Having constant stomach issues.Could this be IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years old. I always had stomach issues but now at the end of the day I have terrible gas trouble, and it does not matter what I eat. Beano helps a little. Could this be IBS?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Some times it may happen due to intestinal flora. Some food habits also cause such conditions. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) patients will be suffering from frequent loose motion and constipation. Stress is one of the primary cause of ...  Read Full »

I have gas formation, constipation and gallstone. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27 years old, height is 65 inches. Weight 56 kg now. Three months ago weight was 57.5. kg. Sleep 6 to 7 hours. About two years ago, weight was 58.5 kg. Blood pressure usually normal but sometimes low. I have a gas formation problem for about four years. Maximum time no pain but gas...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your three main concern is the weakness, gallstone, and gas problem. For weakness following workup can be done: Serum calcium level. Serum sodium, potassium. Serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) to rule out hypothyroidism. CBC to check Hb level to rule out a...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of stomach pulsating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female who is generally in good health. Yesterday, I went to dinner, ate a lot, felt very full after and felt I had strong gas. But, I was not in pain, just felt very full. What freaked me out was this pulsating feeling on the left side of my stomach above my belly bu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Burping was never and will never be a sign of pregnancy. It generally is due to the intake of food which does not get digested properly and results in belching. It is temporary and should settle in 36 to 48 hours. In case it is bothering you, ...  Read Full »

Other than Enterogermina what medication can be given for gas problems in a 11-month-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 11 months and 25 days old. He has some gas problem for last one week. And he is not eating properly, breastfeeding is done during night and one to two times in the afternoon. He does one potty a day, sometimes four potty, and watery potties also. He releases gas very often. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. No need to give Entrogermina (Bacillus Clausii) and Hemsi-D is tonic, is not for weight gain. At this age, he is more active than before so weight gain will be slower. Monitor his weight regularly give home food and breastfeeding. Give Albendazole, ...  Read Full »

How can I control farting at night?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is related to gas. I have farting at night.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me details of your symptoms. Exactly what symptoms you have and since how long?   Read Full »

Is there any topical medication available to treat gas and hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hemorrhoids and a lot of gas build up that triggers it painfully, constantly. I have no relief with the constant gas no matter what I do. I tried liquid Kombucha for a few months and found relief but when a hurricane struck us, I had to go without it and went back to square one. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Swati Totla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stop all spicy, junk and fermented food. Consume fruits like banana, papaya, pomogrenate, grapes. Avoid green chilli completely. Take one cup of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of jeera and boil it, do not filter and add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee. Drink warm daily onc...  Read Full »

Why are there excessive gas and belching that feels like choking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having excessive gas and belching to the point where it feels like I am being choked. My stomach area also feels tight, but that might be from the bloating.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look more from gastritis and acid reflux. You need to modify your dietary habits as well as add a few medicines. Practice small frequent feeds rather than heavy meals. Avoid excess water when you eat food. Avoid talking while having food as this leads to ae...  Read Full »

I am unable to have bowel movement for the past 10 days. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am unable to have a BM, it has been almost 10 days. I have no abdominal pain. I am also passing gas. I have been eating a lot of fiber.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid 10 days is too long to go without a bowel movement. I understand that you usually go every couple of days but if it has been that long, you may need to take some measures. Firstly, you need to drink plenty of water and eat whole grain stuff, bulk-forming foo...  Read Full »

How to clear my tummy without difficulty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have a problem in clearing my tummy for two days. I have a gas problem in my stomach. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a functional bowel problem. You can practice these steps to have a proper digestion and gas relief. Avoid intake of turnip, onion, cabbage, and cauliflower. These are gas-forming foods. Drink more water. Avoid having a sedentary lifestyle. You should stop...  Read Full »