Q. Kindly suggest medication other than Enterogermina for gas problem in a 11-month-old.

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My son is 11 months and 25 days old. He has some gas problem for last one week. And he is not eating properly, breastfeeding is done during night and one to two times in the afternoon. He does one potty a day, sometimes four potty, and watery potties also. He releases gas very often. Potty smells very bad sometimes. Can I give Enterogermina respules twice a day for two to three days?

Our pediatric doctor prescribed it before two months and also before four months. He mostly has this type of gas problem. Is any medicine available for daily medication purpose to get rid of it?He is not gaining weight for about the last three months. He is always between 7.4 to 7.6 for the last four months. Pediatric suggest Hemsi-D drops twice a day. We are giving it for the last two months but not getting results. Kindly advice.

#

I got your concern. No need to give Entrogermina (Bacillus Clausii) and Hemsi-D is tonic, is not for weight gain. At this age, he is more active than before so weight gain will be slower. Monitor his weight regularly give home food and breastfeeding. Give Albendazole, and do one stool report.

Indigestion.

Stool routine report.

Syrup Albendazole (200/5) 5 ml stat at night.

Follow-up after a week.

| 

I have too much gas in the stomach and fart uncontrollably. Please suggest a cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31 year old male. I have too much gas in the stomach despite drinking plenty of water, nearly four to five liters a day. I fart too much. I feel embarrassed and cannot control it. I am not taking any medications currently.  Read Full »

Is it normal for baby motions to be loose?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is of 9 days old now. She is suffering from loose motion. I had given her Colicaid six drops in last 24 hours. She is only on breastfeed. Is it safe for her?  Read Full »

I have nausea, loss of appetite and stomach pain. How to get better?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been nauseous for nine days. I am traveling to a different state. I am feeling full since the last one day. Then I lost my appetite. It came out of the blue. Then I started having diarrhea, not straight on, but it will skip days. Then the day before yesterday, I had a half brown ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»